Sunday, September 26, 2010

IV Journal


“If a child can't learn the way we teach, maybe we should teach the way they learn.”

Here we are sharing our experiences once again.
I’m happy to know that my fourth experience in the level of Intermediate English has been very nice. I have nothing to complain about the group, neither the tutor teacher. To be sincere, I consider that everything went well in my fourth class even when I didn’t have the tape recorder when I started the class, but everything was fine during my fourth class.

During this special class we were studying the comparatives and I consider that the students were practicing this structure in the whole class. There were two activities that I really enjoyed and the students enjoyed too. The first activity was about a conversation that contained sentences with comparatives. I played the conversation once in order for the students to be familiarized with the conversation. Then, I asked the students to form three groups. I gave the students the conversation in slips of paper because they had to order the conversation as they were listening. I played it the second time so the students could check it. Then I played it the third time for the students to repeat it. After this, they discussed about the conversation. What I really like was that they new what was the conversation about since the first time I played it. The second activity was about a song. I asked the students to form to groups. I played the song “You gotta be”. The students had to make a list of the adjectives and the comparatives the song mentioned. It was a nice activity because the students were all involved and were very attentive to the song. I’m sure that if I had to teach this lesson again, I’d do these activities again.

As I said before, I considered everything went well in this week because I reached my objectives, and the most important part: all the students were involved in every single activity thank God.

This group has taught me that teaching requires patience and consistency.

2 comments:

  1. Well Elizabeth,

    What can I say? we know that you really enjoy what you do. I can see that now you are more confident and can work with any group and any tutor. You are doing a great work in this group!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Elizabeth!!!
    I can see that everything was fine. I really admire the way you worked. It is kind of interesting to see that you really enjoy what you do. Congratulations, my friend. It sounds like a very nice class. I think that teaching is already a very important part of your life. Continue working in the same way, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete